The South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR) encourages customers to Go Green with new upgrades to their free tax portal, MyDORWAY.
The new Go Green enhancements save taxpayer dollars while speeding up communication with the agency.
On June 27, taxpayers with an active account on MyDORWAY will automatically be opted into paperless mailing. This program replaces most mailed paper notices with electronic copies sent directly to MyDORWAY accounts.
What MyDORWAY users should know
• The SCDOR will no longer mail most letters and notices to current MyDORWAY account holders, as of June 27. Instead, letters and notices will be posted electronically to your MyDORWAY account. You will receive a daily email notification when you have correspondence to view.
• All new accounts opened June 27 or after will be opted into paperless mailing.
• Letters in MyDORWAY can easily be downloaded and emailed to other parties, such as CPAs.
• The SCDOR will continue to print and mail certain notices and letters to all taxpayers.
• A new upload feature will also be available on June 27, allowing certain documents to be securely uploaded and submitted to the SCDOR instead of mailed. Uploaded documents are sent directly to the SCDOR area or the employee working your case, cutting down processing time. If this feature is available to you, your letter or notice will include this information.
Why Go Green matters:
• Save time.
– Customers won’t need to wait for notices to arrive through the mail.
– SCDOR staff will receive correspondence faster when customers use the upload feature, allowing a quicker resolution for the customer.
• Save money.
– The SCDOR currently spends $1.6 million annually on postage alone. Sending notices electronically helps reduce the number of taxpayer dollars spent on envelopes, paper, and postage.
– Using the new upload portal saves customers money from purchasing postage and envelopes.
Learn more about Go Green at dor.sc.gov/mydorway.
MyDORWAY allows you to manage all your tax accounts from one login: apply for a business tax account, make payments, file returns, calculate penalties and interest, and view related correspondence.